Autumn at St Mary's
We have really enjoyed being back in the building for services for the last couple of months and we really appreciate your support as we have learnt to do things a little differently for the time being.
Following the latest stage of the government’s roadmap to coming out of lockdown we are pleased to share how we plan to proceed at St Mary’s Bletsoe over the coming weeks up until the end of August.
1) Service times will continue to be 9am at St Mary’s Bletsoe and 10am at All Saints Riseley.
2) There is no longer any need to let us know about your intentions to attend or not attend services.
3) On entry, people will be encouraged to sign in, either by confirming your phone number or by using the QR code via the NHS app. Hand sanitizing gel will continue to be available on the door.
4) We will continue to encourage people to observe the 2m rule until the NHS Track and Trace app is amended, and we will keep the doors of the church open. (Whilst legal restrictions have ended, the NHS app remains in place and we are conscious that being ‘pinged’ might be costly for people hoping to head away on holiday or who are working or who have other commitments).
5) We are going to continue to recommend that people wear facemasks whilst inside the building, unless you are exempt.
6) The service from All Saints is going to be continued to be livestreamed via our YouTube Channel for those who wish to join the service from home.
7) Singing will now be both permitted and encouraged, and we’re delighted that from this Sunday we will be able to start including hymns as part of our service.
8) Bibles will be available in pews for use.
9) We are going to continue to encourage people to head outside straight after the service to talk to friends and mingle with the church family whilst enjoying refreshments.
Our hope is that from the beginning of September, we will be in a position to make significant further positive changes moving forward and so please watch this space!
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Rector or any member of the PCC if you have any further questions and please keep praying for our gatherings over the coming weeks and for wisdom as we look further ahead